Blister like lump on penis. Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion


I am not sexually active and have recently found this lump on the shaft of my penis. Research has not helped me in finding what it is. The blackish part feels somewhat like clotted blood,

Thanks, branson62202

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

  • Posted

    That looks like a bad boil.  You could try to treat it yourself, but I'd see a doctor if I were you.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

    If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

    • Posted

      Thanks for the swift reply, it is definitely reassuring to know it isn't something too serious. Will the boil go away by itself? I assume no, but I'd like to learn all my options.

    • Posted

      Unfortunately, today the boil burst due to a sudden pressure. I did what I thought was best at the moment, i squeezed the remainder of the very watery white liquid out and removed the blood clot on the top in order to clean out the new hole created with an alcoholic swab. Then I covered it with multiple bandages to hold the wound in the same position. In hindsight I don't believe this was the best decision. What is your opinion? Is there anything extra I should do now?

    • Posted

      I've only just seen your first reply, but I'd have guess that it would probably go away by itself by eventually bursting, and it sounds like it burst sooner than I was expecting.  Cleaning it out sounds like the right thing to do, and I'd have put some kind of antiseptic cream on it, and probably just a plaster.  For now, I'd clean it and replace the plaster twice a day, and it will probably just fix itself, and be a bad memory in a few days.  If it starts to look like it's getting infected again though, then I'd see a doctor, as you may need antibiotics.

      These links may help: ; (written for doctors)

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.