Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Diarrhea after starting probiotics

So just to clarify I was NOT having any diarrhea before this. I started taking some Olli brand bacillus coagulans probiots and started having pretty bad diarrhea so I stopped and waited for a day, still had soft BM’s but not diarrhea, so improved a little. Switched to drinking kefir and the …

• Nausea before and during bowel movements

Anyone know anything about this?  BM usually in 3 parts - first normal size, next formed but smaller and narrower, then large diarrhea.  It makes me really sick but know what to expect now, and have to rest after. Probably not related, but have had an intestinal surgery, a colon surgery …

• Pain after gallbladder removal, one month ago

I am 70 years old. My gall bladder was "thickening; had a lot ofbile, and maybe a couple of stones, according to the general surgeon. She had me do a blood work up, and a ct with contrast. A simple surgery, right? But she commented to the person who drove me, she might have nicked my colon. …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worth going to the hospital? Vomiting everyday for a month

Is it an emergency if i am vomiting everyday? This has been happening for a month now, i've done some tests and they came back clear. Would the hospital be able to further investigate this and help find an answer quicker. Haven't been able to keep my mediction down recently and I am have …

Last reply
  • Acid reflux irritation in throat. What to do?

Does anyone get irritation in the throat due to acid reflux? I find myself having to cough or clear my throat a lot. I also feel a mild tightness in my chest. What should I do? I've been drinking antacids almost everyday to try and control it. I get temporary relief but then it comes back. I …

Last reply
  • Severe bloating preventing me from sleeping.

I have been bloated for the past 6 to 7 hours. Tonight I ate dinner unusually late because I got home late from work. I don't know if gas built up in my stomach. What should I do?? It's really uncomfortable and my stomach looks large. It feels unsettled too. I drank some liquid antacid. …

Last reply
  • Meal suggestions for gastritis sufferers

I suffer from gastritis, acid reflux and IBS. I made a huge mistake and ate something spicy last night. I definitely irritated my stomach because now I feel nauseous and have a mild burning. I also feel the urge to go to the toilet. My stomach needs to rest and heal after this flare up. Please …

Last reply
  • Is too much liquid antacid bad for you??

I've been drinking liquid antacid for reflux maybe 2-3 times per week. I only started doing this a week ago because it got more frequent. Do others do this and is it bad for your organs?

Last reply
  • After 1 month remission I am sick again with nausea

I have a long history of stomach problems. I did not do an endoscopy but from the symptoms and other information I gave my doctor, he suspects gastritis. The gastritis worried me to the point where i developed anxiety and possibly IBS. I was put on omeprazole. Sometimes I would have long remission …

Last reply
  • Dyspepsia (indigestion) and Gas in stomach

Hello, I’m a 21 year old male and am seeking advice in regards to some symptoms I have been having for sometime now. I will provide a brief history of my health to get a better idea.  2 years ago I became sick with what I believe was the flu/stomach bug. After about 2 weeks or so of finally …

Last reply
  • Does gas cause upset stomach?

I was wondering if too much gas in the stomach can make you feel nauseous. I had a chicken sandwich at lunch and didn't eat much for the rest of the day. I think my stomach filled up with gas and now I feel very nauseous. It's either gas or acid making me feel like this. I also have a dull …

Last reply
  • How uncomfortable is an endoscopy???

Those of you who have had one, please describe the procedure. I'm wondering if it would be bearable for me. Drinking barium (for a barium swallow) was pretty bad for me. Are you fully sedated during the endoscopy? Can you feel anything? What about afterwards? Any side effects?

Last reply
  • Gastritis

So for about two weeks I've had this mild nausea/indigestion. I went to see the doc and she thought it was gastritis and she prescribed me zantac which has helped a decent amount. However, I am still getting these symptoms, not as bad before, it is most noticeable after I eat a meal I'll …

Last reply
  • I've had diarrhea for more than 1 week

I am 17 years old. I started feeling sick in friday of last week after lunch. There was a sharp pain in my stomach area and I thought at first it was because of lactose intolerance (i accidentally ate something with cheese but it wouldn't normally cause me that much pain). I went to the …

Last reply
  • Symptoms that should have lasted this long

I had gastroenteritis about three and a half weeks ago, it was really bad and I got better around a week ago. But sometimes in the morning, my stomach would feel uneasy a little, like an empty feeling, and sometimes I have slight loose bowel movements in the morning. It gets better after i eat …

Last reply
  • Diarrhea after starting probiotics

So just to clarify I was NOT having any diarrhea before this. I started taking some Olli brand bacillus coagulans probiots and started having pretty bad diarrhea so I stopped and waited for a day, still had soft BM’s but not diarrhea, so improved a little. Switched to drinking kefir and the …

Posted
  • Abdominal pain

I have had my gall bladder surgery 2 weeks before . After my stitches got cut I am experiencing the same abdominal pain .can anyone tell me why is this happening .This is really irritating for me as it hinders my work and I am only 20

Last reply
  • Vomiting everyday for a month, tests came back normal

So i have been sick with nausea and vomiting everyday for about a month now. The first 2 weeks of being sick i had diarrhea as well but it has gotten better since then. There is some pain and cramping in the abdomen as well. The throwing up is random throughout the day, sometimes i will throw up …

Last reply
  • Silent Reflux and Gastritis

Anyone dealing with this? My bowels have been off for three months and all doctors can found is Gastritis and Silent Reflux. Anyone have advice on how to calm the stomach? I’m on 40mg of protonix 

Last reply
  • Two Months Undiagnosed, Doctors Stumped

My apologies as this is going to be a long one, but I am at very frightening stage in my life and unsure where to turn. I am just wondering if anyone here has ever had this sort of situation with similar tests results from doctors. I’m a 24 y/o male, 6’2 started out at 172lbs. I have a history of …

Last reply
  • Mixed colour potty

Hello from last two months my potty is showing mixed color. In the starting it is dark brown then yellow. I feel chill. And cramp in my body. Doctor diagnosed with gastritisin antrum. I am facing erection problems also. My feet are always warm Please guide me

Last reply
  • Stomach / digestive problem(s). Help.

Hi all. Basically on early Thursday after a very small breakfast (Cranberry Juice and Cashews) I started getting really painful stomach cramps, kind of on par with pre/during food poisoning cramps. Shortly after I went to the loo and noticed my stool was lighter in colour than usual. It wasn’t …

Last reply
  • Is it gastritis ?

Hi, I've had an endoscopy about a year ago and have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and been prescribed ppis. My initial symptoms were heartburn and stomach pain. I've felt better on ppis, and started eating lots of fast foods and sodas. However symptoms came back and after a few …

Last reply
  • What the hell just came out of me?! (Graphic)

Hi everyone. I have been having a host of symptoms for a month and a bit now. I have had lower back pain near my hips and abdominal pain. My bowel movements have been so-so, between constipation and normal. I went to the toilet today(about to get graphic), and it was mostly normal, but I noticed …

Last reply
  • Pain when lying down

Hey. I have this problem for about year and it got worse. So, before, I woke up everyday with pain in lower section of my belly. When I stood up, it was gone. But now for the past 3 months, I have "constipation" ( I have bms, but really small amount) , and some other stomach problems, the …

Last reply
  • Burning sensation in stomach - permanently

Guys i am in need some support....i need simple advise and a positive word.. On 27 of december i got food poisoning.... 4 of us in work got sick...following vomitting and diarrhea (i didnt vomit at least 20 years). Vomitting stopped next day but diarrhea not. My doctor gave me antibiotics and some …

Last reply
  • Alkaline Reflux (bile) Gastritis.

Hello Good evening everyone  please sometimes ago i as a having a burning stomach and stomach ache this happens immediately i wakes p or after eating i went to the hospital for test which i was told nothing was wrong with me later i choose to go for endoscopy test and i was tested Pylori …

Last reply
  • Prilosec Causing Reflux???

Hi All! Soooo I went to see a gastro doc because I’ve been nauseous every morning for about 8 weeks and he prescribed Prilosec, 20 mg, once a day right before dinner. But now that I’ve been taking it for about a week, I’ve started having heartburn! I thought Prilosec was supposed to get rid of …

Last reply
  • My wife vomits after every meal....can anyone help

Hello, my wife has had gastric bypass surgery so it hasn’t been uncommon for her to throw up if she ate too much at once. But for the past few months, even if she eats just a little bit of food, she gets sick. I’m talking just like a half of an egg roll. We know she’s not pregnant. She’s been …

Last reply
  • 16 and scared I have colon cancer

Hello I'm 16 male and deathly terrified I have colon cancer. My lower left stomach has been hurting for a couple days and sometimes when I wipe there is small dots of blood and I've been crying and freaking out about it. I told my mom and she's going to take me to the ER but I'm so …

Last reply
  • IBS or SIBO? please help!

Hey everyone, so i have recently been diagnosed with IBS after describing my symptoms to my doctor, done a blood test and had an abdominal echography. The problem is, i have constant abdominal discomfort sometimes it goes aways but comes back quicky after, it's not really painful just …

Last reply
  • Does anyone have ANY idea what this could be?!

It started in May when I was getting some orange coloured mucus with my stools. It wasnt happening every day so I just put this down to my IBS and stress at university. However, since then, my symptoms have worsened and arent getting any better. I am now passing soft, mushy-like stools that fall …

Last reply
  • Loosing a lot of weight without trying?

When I went to the GI doctor he said I lost 7 pounds in less then a month. Before that I went to another doctor and she to said in loosing a lot of weight. My parents don’t think it’s serious but that’s not normal. They won’t take me to another doctor. My other symptoms are: nausea, stomach pain, …

Last reply
  • Abdominal Adhesions - any advice?

I'm a 71-year-old woman. I've had a variety of abdominal/digestive problems for a long time - GERD/reflux/oesophagitis, hiatus hernia, constipation, IBS. Intermittent flare-ups of these problems have made my life miserable for at least the last 20 years. Driving me mad!! One thing that has …

Last reply
  • Couple of lumps lower abdominal?

Hi, any help would really be helpful.  My lower Adominal I have lump that can’t be pressed in that feels the size of a two pence, with a small lump to the side of it. I did see my GP a few months back and she thought it was a Hernia as it could be pressed in but she didn’t have much of a …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.