Skip to content

Breast Cancer and Screening

Also known as Cancer - Breast, Goserilin for Breast Cancer, Letrozole, Mammogram, Zoladex for Breast Cancer

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just diagnosed with dcis-- Ductal carcinoma insitu

Hi I recently had a biopsy due to new calcifications in my breast. Calcifications are nothing new for me but there were two new clusters one the mammogram. The biopsy showed DCIS. Because my husband is a PCP/administrator, I know all of the doctors in our hospital.... And the radiologist is a …

Last reply
  • Breast Question

So this has been on my breast for a couple of days. It is bumpy but I have not felt any lumps in my breast. Do you think it could be cancer or something else? Has anyone had anything similar to it? It does not feel warmer than any other part of my skin.  Moderator comment:I have deleted the …

Last reply
  • have I got breast cancer?

I’ve had severe eczema all my life ( I am 14-turning 15 in two months) and it started to improve when I was 11. I noticed some white crusty type skin on both my nipples , More on my right, a couple week ago so I just cleaned it and carried on. I noticed it again earlier so I cleaned it and then …

Last reply
  • Itchy rash on both breasts

About 2 weeks ago I noticed my breasts were very very itchy, I also noticed there was a rash with it. Very patchy and dry. I assumed it was dry skin and moisturized. I still have it and it has only gotten worse. It’s on both breasts. Anything I’ve tried to read about has talked about inflammatory …

Last reply
  • Breast & health anxiety creeping back again 😓😢

Breasts & anxiety can't shake it been suffering in silent for 2 weeks. Not sure how best to explain this but here goes. I have had inverted nipples which is normal for me but they would come out now & again - I also suffer with Guttate psoriasis which are small lesions like small …

Last reply
  • vibration in left breast

I've been having this vibration Buzzing feeling in my left breast. What can I do to stop this? Should I be concerned?

Last reply
  • Breast Pimple or Cancer

I had a pimple on the underside of my breast months ago. It popped and there was a bit of white pus, but it's been over 4 months and its still there like a scar or something. It's smaller than a dime, sort of rubbery texture, reddish purple in color depending on the day. Underneath it feels …

Last reply
  • Terrified I have breast cancer

Jammed a rod, at work, into my breast back in February. Had a bruised feeling for awhile, then subsided a bit. After awhile, I noticed a dime sized lump off to the side of my nipple. Asked for a mammogram, which showed "normal changes" even though I presented with a lump, there was no …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like breast cancer?

So I’m new here so I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but I’m hoping for answers. I have a lump on my left brestbone, it doesn’t stick out of my skin, but it defiantly makes my left side of my chest look more raised. It feels hard like it could be bone, it’s irregular in shape …

Last reply
  • Mammography for a 68yr old - is it really fibroadenoma?

Hi, My 68 year old mother was diagnosed with a fibroadenoma (BIRADs 2) by the consulting radiologist, after a routine mammography as well as a sonography. The radiologists report says "multiply round smoothly marginated lesions found in both breasts. No evidence of micro calcification or …

Last reply
  • Preventative Tamoxifen

Hi,  Does anyone have any experience with taking Tamoxifen as a preventative measure against breast cancer? Im 49, had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, and have a family history of breast cancer. Had a letter from genetics today to explain the figures re the reduction rates.  Thank you for …

Last reply
  • Surgical biopsy or Blood test?

Has anyone had the Videssa blood test done to test for cancer? I have some "indeterminate" calcification clusters and no other symptoms. I have so little breast tissue I can't get a needle biopsy. Surgical biopsy is recommended but that's 1/4 my tissue from each breast (no …

Last reply
  • Breast Ultra sound.

Ive has a few issues with lumps but thank god till now ive been told they are something called lumpy breast syndrome. However I was again referred as my Gp felt it worth getting checked again. I had only the right side checked by ultrasound, whilst performing the scan I could see the screen and was …

Last reply
  • Had three scans on both breasts at my regular screening

I am 56 and had my third regular breast screening mammogram today.  On the previous two occasions I had two scans per breast - on where the breast is squashed from top to bottom and one squashed side to side. ​Today the mammographer did an extra top to bottom one focusing on the nipple area …

Last reply
  • Recurrence

I had my five year mammogram last week. Hopefully by October I will be discharged. However I am a little anxious of it coming back as I suppose many of you are. Is it usually certain breast cancers that come back or can all of them.

Last reply
  • breast cancer?

i had my yearly breast exam, the doctor felt something, the ultrasound showed 2 masses.  im 32. And scared. I got a biopsy the same day, and im getting my results Monday.  The masses are small, which makes me slightly hopeful. They also performed ultrasound on my lymph nodes which were …

Last reply
  • how do you know the change is a lump to concern you?

When finding something not the same as you always have how do you know what your feeling is a lump,or swelling mass? I can feel something odd like a  firm bag of worms , between breat and underarm, with a specific spot furth under my arm thats very sore. Then on my forarm a lump which is long …

Last reply
  • Inverted nipples

Sorry if I haven't posted in correct forum I noticed yesterday that my nipples are inverted one is worse it looks as if there's a line where the nipple should be I'm post menopausal no pain nothing but doesn't look right is this a sign of breast cancer should I see a dr I'm 60

Last reply
  • Inverted nipple

Hello, I am 30 years old and have noticed mainly my left nipple goes inverted, it isnt always like that though, I have tried searching to find out if if its Cancer the nipple stays inverted? my breasts have changed over the last year but I wouldn't say that different or different in a bad way …

Last reply
  • Can I take Garcinia Cambogia with Tamoxifen?

I’ve put in quite a bit of weight since going through the menopause and have tried to loose weight with not much success. I’ve heard that Garcinia Cambogia tablets might help but not sure if I can take them with tamoxifen. 

Last reply
  • Delayed HERCEPTIN

My mother is ER PR negative and HER2 Positive. She had mastectomy operation first then she had chemotherapy and then she had radiotherapy. We want to give her herceptin. After finishing these surgery and therapies will herceptin be effective now?

Last reply
  • Knot in the middle not on breast

I have this knot in the middle part of my breast, not on my breast. not sure what it is. it seems hard but not sore. it is where the middle of your bra sits. What could this possibly be.

Last reply
  • Had an ultrasound and terrible follow up has me concerned

I went for my yearly in January. All was good. March came around and I found a hard lump. I moved so I needed to find a new doctor where I am now. I found a doctor. He felt the lump as well. Ordered an ultrasound. Gave me a few scenarios and said he was concerned it did not go away after my …

Last reply
  • complex fibroadenoma vs cancer

on a routine check doc saw an adenoma on my breast. biopsy showed complex fibroadenoma with calcifications and hyperplasia. the surgeon is telling me to leave it. but mythe gyno thinks there could be cancerous cells in it and that the biopsy needle mightve missed the cancerous cells. is this …

Last reply
  • Zoladex

Zoladex Warning Hi everyone, I believe that it is my duty to warn everyone out there about the long term side effects of having Zoladex injections if you have been offered this particular drug. I was given injections of Zoladex directly into my stomach from 0ctober 1996 for two and a half years …

Posted
  • Purple mark next to nipple ???

I havr had a purple mark about 1cm away from nipple. It appeared about 6 months ago and hasnt really changed. Not sure how to put a pic on?

Last reply
  • Please help , I’m so scared

Could anyone please ease my mind . I had an ultrasound on a very moveable lump before Christmas . Ultrasound results came back normal . My doctor sent me for another opinion and the lump is faulty big and this morning A doctor who done the Ultrasound said he found a definite palpable lump and is …

Last reply
  • Could it be cancer?

I have had a slightly deepened open sore on the under part of my left breast for a month. Last 2 weeks used bactroban no change, pain in my chest wall right side into top of breast,top of arm and slightly into my armpit. This morning I noticed another open sore above my right breast. Am awaiting a …

Last reply
  • I'm yoga teacher online and I can help

Hello, Namaste I'm yoga teacher online and I can help by yoga breathing, yoga Breathing and the cosmic vibrations made by the sanskrit sounds..... That is very beneficial for women suffering of breast cancer....

Posted
  • My test results

I have to go in for core biopsy next week.. Can anyone tell me the likely hood based on test results? MAMMO LEFT DX W OR WO COMPUTER AIDED DETECTION performed on: 2/9/2018 1:19 PM Left BREAST BIRADS CATEGORY 4: Suspicious Recommendation: Ultrasound-guided core biopsy is recommended. Also, …

Last reply
  • Triple negative stage 2 breast cancer

Hi there  Just been diagnosed with triple negative stage 2 breast cancer they said its chemo / surgery / radiotherapy can anyone give me any advice on what’s to come or if a mastectomy to begin with can avoid the above I’m so very scared got two young children and my husband if anyone can …

Last reply
  • Post mastectomy options

I've been diagnosed with breast cancer following routine screening 2 weeks ago.  After several biopsies I've been told I need a mastectomy and have to decide on whether I want implant reconstruction or to have nothing and use prosthesis.  It's been a lot to take in over the …

Last reply
  • Sld Sld

How long does zoladex take to wear off

I have had 4 injections of zoladex with the last one being on 10 December.  Since then I have had severe debilitating headache and into my fourth week off work with it.  In a lot of pain and unable to do much, throbbing headache and nausea when I over do it.  Not having any more …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.