Skip to content

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Jrd06 Jrd06

Lunesta (zopiclone)

Hello, I'm taking Lunesta drug at night time to help sleeping. Typically 2 x 7.5mg which relaxes my mind. And it works. However I experience food cravings (sugar, fats) which leads to binge eating. E.g. last night donuts, sweetened yoghurt, cereal bars, marshmallows. It's all dopamine …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hynic Jerks - Tremors - Vibrating Feeling In Feet - Muscle Twitch's

Hello. I have some issues that have been going on for about 3 years now and all just kinda popped up out of nowhere. I've been the neurologist several times and had a bunch of tests. MRI, and other tests that look for issues with my muscles. So far nothing popped up but every time I've gone …

Last reply
  • I need urgent help Awake for almost 7 days 160 hours and counting

I'm at the point where I don't even want to lie in my bed anymore because I feel so deeply terrible now. All I do is lie there hoping to fall asleep and it doesn't happen.  I've had sleep problems my whole life, as a child of 6ish it already took me several hours to fall …

Last reply
  • In need of reassurance about insomnia

Feeling anxious and worried about lack of sleep on my health and that it will kill me. I've had this problem about 10 years ago somehow got rid of it then it come back again for about 12 months then the last 9 days I've really struggled!I keep fixating that every cold I have appendicitis I …

Last reply
  • Anxiety induced insomnia

Hello all. I’m new to sleep problems. I’ve been dealing with insomnia now for the last month, and have been dealing with health anxiety for the last 5 months. I had really tough time sleeping at all after I got into a minor car accident in late June. At first, I couldn’t sleep at all. No matter …

Last reply
  • Lunesta (zopiclone)

Hello, I'm taking Lunesta drug at night time to help sleeping. Typically 2 x 7.5mg which relaxes my mind. And it works. However I experience food cravings (sugar, fats) which leads to binge eating. E.g. last night donuts, sweetened yoghurt, cereal bars, marshmallows. It's all dopamine …

Posted
  • Lack of Sleep

Hi, can anyone suggest what I can purchase over the counter for sleep probs. I read for about half an hour and then fall asleep for about an hour (really deep sleep as I dream) and then wake up. I have tried Valerian but do not work for me. I must say I get through a lot of books every week ha ha!! …

Last reply
  • Insomnia

I have Insomnia for the last two month cant sleep more than half our can you guys suggest me anything

Last reply
  • Has anyone experienced this?

l've been having a really weird sleeping problem this past month. I've never had insomnia or any other sleep disorder, although I do go to bed pretty late. I've looked it up online but I haven't found anything describing this (closest I've found was pseudoinsomnia). The first …

Last reply
  • Weird sleep pattern

Hi everyone. I just wondered if anyone has any advice, I had trouble sleeping about a year ago and ever since then I think I have created a bad relationship with my bed. I go to bed and can lye there for hours trying to sleep, but if I pick my pillow and a blanket up and go downstairs and put the …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone advice please?

So. I've decided due to the frustration of being unable to sleep to try zopiclone and see if that helps me. (I've taken it a few times before, like 6 in the past 4/5 months) and I've got a new prescription to last me 14 days. I took one last night, and unfortunately still kept waking up …

Last reply
  • I've got insomnia and finally went the doctors, but I'm so frusted.

So I've been struggling to sleep for over a year, I've had broken sleep for over 6 months and unable to sleep longer than three hours without waking up, other than that I wake up hourly and it's extremely annoying and exhausting. I'm so tired, and I'm just fed up of it all now. …

Last reply
  • WHAT DOES THIS DREAM MEAN?

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this? I am constantly dreaming that I am in places from my past life, meeting people from my past life. It's all so real and not always nice. The dreams make me feel depressed and anxious when I wake. My life is going well at the moment …

Last reply
  • Feeling someone is in the room when sleeping

I have been waking up at night for several weeks with a strong belief that someone is in the room with me sleeping. I feel that someone is really there. I even check the rooms in my apartment. I am worry they think my home is not clean enough. I seem to think they are some people I know. The …

Last reply
  • Chronic insomnia and palpitations

I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder 10 years ago and back then it started with a sudden chronic insomnia. I got prescribed mirtazapine, which worked like a charm and throughout the 10 years I've barely had any problems with insomnia. Until this year, when I've been …

Last reply
  • night terrors

what can cause night terrors?my neuro said silent migraines but the meds are not helping. im plagued with vivid nightmares, I wake up, im disoriented and sweaty. I haveno trauma or stress

Last reply
  • sleeping issues on and off...is anyone else going thru this???

Hello Everyone, I'm a 21 year old black woman and I've been having sleeping issues for a year now. It began the day before my menstral cycle(late june 2017) where i did 4 hours and then it went to me doing 1 hour and not being able to go back to sleep. There were most nights where I would …

Last reply
  • Let me sleep

My insomnia is bothering me, and it affects my work and daily routine. I can't sleep even how hard I try. Can you recommend me something?

Last reply
  • Sleep paralysis is at a ridiculous level

I used to have sleep paralysis every month or so, this year its gotten to every week, then every few days and now i'm having it over 4 times a night. It is literally impossible for me to sleep at night and I am only able to fall sleep at stupid times like 9 the following morning. I am …

Last reply
  • Insomnia & Hypnic Jerks, Desperate for Sleep

To start off I am 24yrs old, and no stranger to insomnia (at least on-set insomnia). I'd also like to mention that I do have anxiety - although I cannot pinpoint any major stressor that would have triggered this insomnia, which is totally different to the insomnia I usually face (which scares …

Last reply
  • Waking up early when practicing sleep restriction

I've been following a sleep restriction regimen for awhile now and I'll often wake up early. Sometimes within 15 minutes of the alarm clock going off, other times much earlier. I'm wondering if it's better to stay in bed until my alarm clock goes off or get out of bed if I'm …

Last reply
  • Pseudoinsomnia, should I consider ECT?

I may have developed pseudoinsomnia. My sleep is half-awake sleep and in 90-minutes-each fragments. It started one evening, when I tried to incorporate an unincorporable thought into sleep. That thought is now perpetually incorporating on its own; it's like a 24/7, autonomous background process. …

Last reply
  • My name is Brett. I'm 20 years old, and always exhausted.

Ever since sophomore junior year of high school, I have been exhausted every single day of my life, all day long.  Today, I am a junior in college.  Physically, my body doesn’t have any trouble. I can play basketball, run long distances, usually don’t have any fatigue over the …

Last reply
  • Insomnia since last year, fed up!

Hi guys I have had insomnia since October which started out of the blue. It started off with me taking hours to fall asleep and other nights I would be awake all night. I haven't had a completely sleepless night for a while but months down the line I wake up at least twice a night after vivid …

Last reply
  • Sleep

Any ideas for insomnia 3-4 days without sleep 💤 mind plays tricks on me then end up binge drinking and taking what tablets are in front of me, until I’m ko’d then end up in A&E numerous amounts of times can any give me advice or has anyone experienced this of close to it?? Thanks ㈻ …

Last reply
  • Electric/Energy surge to brain when trying to fall asleep.

Hi guys, I'm new to the site but glad I found somewhere to share my symptoms. I'm getting a sort of electrical shock when trying to fall asleep. This electrical shock seems to be described on other sites as 'jumps' or 'zaps' or 'surges of energy'. It happens not …

Last reply
  • Broken sleep pattern...

Hi everyone.  I’m an anxiety suffer (on Prozac). I fall asleep just fine (usually around 10pm), however I wake up anywhere between 2am-4am and thereafter have restless/broken sleep.  It’s frustrating not to simply sleep through the night.  During that time my anxiety can act up and …

Last reply
  • Sleep anxiety ruining my life. convinced i'll never sleep again.

It's been nine days now since I started having terrible insomnia. I feel my life has been ripped out from under me and I don't know where to turn. It started with one bad nights sleep nearly two weeks ago and now I'm not sleeping for one second during the night. The doctor has …

Last reply
  • Unusual exercise-induced insomnia

TL;DR: I have exercise-induced insomnia for which no one has been able to explain or provide a solution. I used to exercise regularly. I would wake up every weekday at 6am, bike to the gym, and exercise for about an hour before work. I would usually jog or do some other cardio for 20-30 minutes, …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.